Sunday, August 24, 2014

Reading Workshop

This is it my friends! Back to school time for me. Tomorrow is my first teacher work day. This summer went by way too fast! This year I'll be doing the reading thing again. I loved focusing on reading all day with the different age age groups. Even though I love my new job, I still miss the classroom. It's just not the same in September. When I taught 1st grade for all those years, my favorite part of the day was my beloved Reading Workshop time. It took me the first couple years to figure out what works for me. Once I did, it was SO nice! I tried to do just centers. Then I tried to do just Daily 5. I loved both... so that's what I decided to do- both! 
Today I'm going to show you how I set up my reading block. 

My reading workshop time is divided into three parts: Guided Reading, Daily 5, and literacy centers.

This is the chart I've used in the past to let students know where they are supposed to be during reading workshop:




On my blog, I have a picture of what four rotations would look like.

To read in more detail about how what my Reading Workshop looked like when I taught first grade, head on over my blog:


No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!