Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The 7 Habits, Behavior Management, and Data {with a FREEBIE!}

I am lucky enough to teach at a school that has become a part of the Leader in Me family. We are getting ready to enter our 3rd official year as a Leadership School, and I cannot wait to see the impact this program will have (again) on our students and staff.

When we made the transition and began to incorporate the 7 Habits into our daily routine, I knew it would have an impact on my classroom management strategy. You can read about that decision here.

http://thirdgradebookworm.blogspot.com/p/7-habits-of-happy-kids.html

When we entered this year I found myself with a rather (ahem) challenging group of kiddos. They kept me on my toes and taught me a LOT about patience, love, and perseverance. I also got to know a lot of parents very well, very quickly. :) One of the tools I used when I was talking with parents was this editable clip chart data form.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109427387/7%20Habits%20Freebies/Classroom%20Clip%20Chart%20Data%20EDITABLE.pdf


I filled in the dates for each month across the bottom of the page. At the end of the day, my clip chart coordinator would shade in the box beside each kiddo's name. The clip chart coordinator brought it to me to check after they were finished. This let me keep track of how everyone ended their day.  It also became a great conferencing tool when I sat down with parents and kiddos alike. The kids kept track of their personal behavior on a calendar that went home each day.

When we needed to, I sat down with kids one-on-one at the end of the month and helped them set goals for the following month. We checked in with each other once a week (in the mornings, before school started) to see how they were doing in making progress to meet their goal.

You can grab either of these freebies by clicking on the pictures above or by visiting the 7 Habits page on my blog!

Enjoy!





No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!