Saturday, May 31, 2014

Throwback Nonfiction using Sticky Notes

Happy throwback week! Today I have two blasts from the past to share with you.

It was fun going back and looking over my old posts to choose one to bring back today. I wanted to go way back to 2011, but I couldn't find one that would be relevant to this time of year. So I went with two different but related posts from 2012 and 2013. I know some of you are already done with school, but we still have a solid 3 weeks left. This post comes from May of 2012 when we were working on reading  nonfiction. This was before I had heard about close reading, but as I was looking back, I realize that what we were doing was very similar to what we do for a close reading lesson. Well, parts of it anyway. :)

#1: Click here or on the picture below to go back in time to 2012 and read about how I used sticky notes while reading nonfiction and to get a little freebie:
 

#2: Then you can jump back to my post from last year. It goes into more detail about how I use sticky notes for research:

Hope you enjoy these posts! Have a great weekend everyone. :)



No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!