Friday, March 14, 2014

RTI Activities for Teaching Vowel Teams

Happy Friday! For some of you, it might be spring break, right? Happy spring break to you if it is! I have one more week but I'm feeling the spring fever, that's for sure. In the meantime, I've been working with my kiddos on vowel teams. Oh my... these are a bit of a nightmare for my struggling readers. They can recite the little chant, "when two vowels go a walking..." you know the rest. Applying this little jingle while reading is a different story. So I created several activities to give them  more practice. We will master these vowel teams! If you are looking for more ideas to help your students conquer this tricky phonics rule, head on over to my blog. I also have a new blog design that I'm pretty excited to show off to you. ;)

Here are a few pictures showing some of the activities:





Pssst: There's also this little freebie for you there. 


No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!