Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Ready to Learn Chart Reinvented

I was working in my classroom this past Thursday and my son came with me. He was staring at my Ready to Learn Chart, reading each level. He turned to me and said, "Mom, I think that you should also have 'Parent Contact' at the top. It should be a good thing."

Brilliant

Duh.

Why hasn't this been done before?





 I just can't stop thinking about all of the kids that will be striving to reach the top, not because it says, "outstanding" but because they get a good phone call home.  I can already imagine the difference this will make.

I can't wait to put this in action starting Wednesday!

Are you looking for this new Ready to Learn Chart?
Swing by and read THIS POST to grab the new charts.


Happy Freezing Cold Day!
My son and I had fun throwing boiling water in the air and watching it turn to gas instantly!
It is currently -18 degrees here with a windchill of -40.   Yikes!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That IS brilliant!! Out of the mouth of babes....right?! We try so hard to focus on positives....but never thought of contacting parents when they end up on the TOP of the chart! What a great way to foster communication between home & family AND make the kiddo feel pretty special, too!
    Give that boy of yours a pat on the back!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!