Saturday, December 7, 2013

Freebies and Activities of Christmas Past

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your December. I am always in extra good spirits this month. I love all the Christmas cheer, lights around the neighborhood and extra seasonal activities. Over the years, I've posted quite a few freebies during this time of year, so I thought it would be fun to repost some of them here in one post for your convenience. Hopefully this will spread some cheer. :)


This is such a fun picture prompt! The kids really get into it. You can click on the picture to download...



I also did a class story. This is ALWAYS a favorite. We come up with the story together and every student gets to contribute to the writing of it as well.



I made this flip book to use with my reading groups or centers. They flip the cards to made sentences that make sense. The orange words are all positional words. You can get that freebie by clicking on the picture.

I blogged about this freebie reading passage yesterday on my own blog, but just in case you missed it...


If you are looking for some big units with tons of activities, you might want to check these out:
Click on the pictures to see what's included.


My Gingerbread pack has hands-on phonics and sentence building activities, reading passages with close reading questions, and an original poem and my own version of The Gingerbread Man. This is one of my favorites so far!


You can find this writing freebie there too:



If you are looking for literacy centers for the entire month, you will LOVE these:

    

There is an explanation included in each pack about how I manage my literacy centers. It has saved me so much time overall! Plus the kids get into a routine early on and then the rest of your year is so much easier. You can click on the pictures to see those.

If you just want some ready to go Christmas printables, you will find TONS in my Christmas pack:
Phonics, grammar, reading passages, comprehension practice, writing prompts, you name it!



2 comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!