Saturday, September 21, 2013

Word Work in the Reading Room

Hi everyone! I just finished up week three and I'm loving my new position at school. This year I'm teaching literacy to kinder-third grade students. It's a big change for me since I've been teaching first grade for 7 years. The first two weeks were dedicated to assessments, which is important, but a little boring. :) I was so happy to get started this week with my students!

I thought I'd share with you some of things I did with my kiddos to strengthen their phonics skills. Here are a few of the activities I did with my first graders:










Come by my blog to see more pictures of activities I did with second and third graders, and to read a little more about how I spend my time with each group.



No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!