Friday, August 30, 2013

Poetry! Poetry! Poetry! Freebies! Freebies! Freebies!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!
We have been out of school all week for our Fall Break. Our town is home of the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration and we get out for the show after being in school for about three weeks. I got a quick girls trip to the beach in and am ready to start thinking about next week.

I've got two poetry freebies for you....both focusing on setting.
I did the first activity with a class of firsties.
I read the poem, "Over in the Meadow," to them. We talked about the vocabulary and the pictures they saw in their mind as I read.


After reading, I sketched out a rough meadow on large paper. I divided the class into groups and gave each one a different verse of the poem. They had to illustrate the setting of the verse. We glued the verse next to their drawing.
Click on the pic of the poem above to visit my blog for more info.

The second activity is based on a simple, yet eloquent, poem by Walt Whitman.


Click on the pic above for the freebie.










No comments:

THANKS for taking the time to leave us a comment!